Two women were the inspiration for this outfit post:
- Kate Middleton – The Duchess is the official champion of wedges. She can rock them like no other, and often wears them while playing various sports. Sneakers? Good heavens, NO! A good wedge provides the illusion of longer legs, while also adding extra lift to spike an ace, or score a goal.and
- Kimmy Schmidt, of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt – she takes novelty dressing to a whole new level. She looks simultaneously like a kindergartener and a cartoon character, and I love it. The show’s wardrobe picks are genius – actually the whole show is genius, and if you haven’t already seen it then go binge now on Netflix and thank me later!
When the weather hit 15 degrees in Toronto, I knew it was time to
shave my legs bust out the skirts. Admittedly, I could use a little more sunshine to bring the colour of my skin back from the land of the dead – but I think a lemony skirt helps to brighten everything up! This skirt matches with almost nothing, which makes it one of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe.
We have moved on from winter coats, and I can finally wear my beloved jean jacket! If there’s one piece I would advise you to invest in, it would be a good denim topper. Whether you choose a chambray workshirt or a heavy-duty jean jacket, you’ll benefit from its ability to match everything. Hence why I’ve paired it with this novelty skirt!
That’s fashion math for you. One utility top + one novelty bottom = OOTD done.
For those of you wondering where the blog posts were last week, let me fill you in. Instead of writing posts and shooting outfits I was:
- Attending a seminar in Waterloo, where I was privileged enough to see Dr. Anne-Marie Slaughter talk about women, men, and the workplace. She wrote the infamous article “Why Women Still Can’t Have it All“, and it was interesting to hear her take on work-life balance.
- Watching my little cousin win FIRST at her dance competition!
- Swapping out my summer and winter wardrobes – more closet space is the best gift anyone can ever give me.
- Job interviews. Enough said. Just called me Stressy McNervous.
- Going out for dinner (with WINE on a WEEKNIGHT) with my guy-bffl, and talking about everything from relationships to cool app ideas.
- Waiting for Azim to get home from a conference – explanation for lack of OOTD pics!
- Taking my dad to the symphony for a wonderful date 🙂
- Buying these shoes <3!
Blogging is like another full-time job, and I love it – but sometimes I need to take a step back. I was feeling overwhelmed with trying to take more pictures for Instagram, trying to schedule tweets, and figuring out snapchat stories. It was a lot of social, and maybe too much all at once. I’m so thankful that Azim and I work together as a team, because he often takes over the technical side of things so I can focus on the creative.
Look forward to more posts this week! I’ll be writing my next installment in my Montreal Series, reviewing MoRoCo’s afternoon tea, and rounding up some “Links I Love”. Have a wonderful week xoxo