When I was deciding what to wear for today’s post, I picked the shoes first and worked my way up. Contrary to what you might think, I rarely style my outfit this way – I usually start with the top layer and work my way down. That way the shoes either complement the outfit, OR they become the statement piece.
In this case, perhaps because I worked my way backward, BOTH the shoes and my top layer are bold statement pieces. But that’s ok. My modus operandi is the same as the great Iris Apfel’s: “More is more, and less is a bore” 🙂
Shoes first: These babies are by Sophia Webster, my favourite shoe designer. They have an aquamarine metallic cheetah print on the heel and toe, and a gorgeous double-wrap ankle strap. The finishing touch comes in the form of a silky, black rabbit fur strap across the toes. Absolutely delicious.
Jacket: This is an original handmade piece by Freda’s Fashion House in Toronto! I love the quality of this royal blue topper. The neoprene fabric holds a beautiful shape, and makes razor sharp lines. There really is such a different between an original piece and fast fashion. I was so happy to add this stunner to my wardrobe.
Here are a few snippets from my weekend:
- I filed my taxes. Woohoo!
- I read TWO books. TWO!! Ahhh, the luxury of curling up in bed with a good book. Is there any greater pleasure?
- I watched the Jungle Book with my mom, and we both loved it 🙂 I can’t decide which is better: Bill Murray singing The Bare Necessities, or Christopher Walken singing I Wanna Be Like You!
- I ate spaghetti and meatballs (my second favourite food besides french fries, which I also ate)
- I actually don’t care about Game of Thrones anymore, so I don’t have to stay up past my bedtime on Sunday nights to watch it…
I hope you all had a lovely time as well, and thank you for reading! xox